Regenerative Cell Institute’s innovative regenerative therapy procedures can help a variety of orthopedic conditions including osteoarthritis, neck and back pain, sports injuries, ligament damage, and chronic joint pain.
Stem cell therapy may eliminate the need for surgery and medications, improve symptoms, recover faster from injuries and illnesses to enjoy a healthy, active life.
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy
- No Risk of Rejection – Autologous stem cells are harvested from and reintroduced into the patient’s own body. Stem cells derived from donor sources such as umbilical cord tissue are thoroughly tested and able to adapt to the environment into which injected.
- Non-invasive – In contrast to traditional treatment such as surgery or joint replacement, stem cell treatments are non-invasive. Procedures are performed as out-patient and generally take 1-3 hours in the office. Patients rarely require any post-operative pain medication and are able to return to normal activity within 24 hours.
- Avoid surgery – Stem cell therapy procedures help many patients avoid surgeries such as hip replacement, knee replacement or shoulder surgery, back surgery such as spinal fusion or lumbar disc replacement, and other orthopedic surgeries.
- No transmission of communicable disease.
- Fast Recovery – Stem cell patients can resume normal activities in 1-2 days.
- Highest quality human tissue allografts available to patients.
Autologous and Allogeneic Stem Cell Allografts
Autologous stem cells mostly come from the bone marrow and adipose (fat) tissues of the patients. The procedure involves bone marrow aspiration using a special needle under local anesthesia or harvesting fat by liposuction under tumescent anesthesia. It is then followed by isolation of stem cells (SVF in case of adipose) through centrifugation. The procedure is all done in-office with minimal pain.
Allogeneic stem cells mostly come from the umbilical cord blood, umbilical cord tissues (known as Wharton’s jelly), amniotic membrane, and amniotic fluid. In the allogeneic procedure, the products are harvested from newly-born healthy babies whose mothers are tested with blood work for infections such as HIV, hepatitis, cancer, etc. Wharton’s jelly are minimally manipulated allografts rich in cytokines, growth factors, and extracellular matrix intended for homologous use. Stem cell signaling molecules are highly beneficial in tissue repair, regeneration of degenerated tissue and reducing inflammation.